Collada Export

6498   7   2
48 posts
Reading through the posts I don't see a clear answer to this question and looking at the Sidefx website it's not clear either as it just states that Apprentice HD can export to certain files, then states more.

Where can I find this list of more? I am interested in Collada exports or orge. There is a orge exporter out there but not clear if it works with HD or not.

Thanks
Desktop -Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad|8GB OCZ DDR3|Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia GTX280 (2) SLI | 1.5TB | Liquid Cooled

Laptop - Sager Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad | 4GB DDR2 | Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia 9800M GTX 1GB
48 posts
Since I needed to export for the Toruque Engine I purchased the Houdini HD.

However, after installing I see the only export I have is for the Torque DTS format.

So is there no way to use the HD version to export to any game engine other than torque. Right now I have downloaded the XSI FREE modtool and have already rigged and expoerted a model in collada.

Looks like I may have bought a $99 exported for Torque?
Desktop -Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad|8GB OCZ DDR3|Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia GTX280 (2) SLI | 1.5TB | Liquid Cooled

Laptop - Sager Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad | 4GB DDR2 | Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia 9800M GTX 1GB
1192 posts
As far as I know you bought a full featured high-end VFX and animation package, which lets you render in HD resolution with no watermarks (for non-commercial projects) and which also lets you export to Torque.
As far as I know:
1. The mod tool is nothing close to that (you can't render anything, just import-export various game-realted scene formats;
2. There is no advertised Collada export in the products description on this site.

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
48 posts
I was also asking for other formats that I can use also.

According to their main website it states support in the HD version for bgeo,obj , dxf, iges and more…..

So where are those formats as well?

1192 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/io/ [sidefx.com]
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
1145 posts
RMB on any sop and you will see “ Save Geometry” and there is a drop-down list of all the formats that can be saved out.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
48 posts
probbins
RMB on any sop and you will see “ Save Geometry” and there is a drop-down list of all the formats that can be saved out.

Thanks,

That is what I was missing. Gets me the other formats, may they will incorporate other formats including Collada later.

129 posts
Could a custom collada exporter be built using HDK with FCollada?

http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/FCollada [collada.org]

I dont know if it is being used by blender because of licensing issues but Blender has a Collada exporter written in Python. Could Python in Houdini be used for custom exporters as well ?

http://colladablender.illusoft.com/cms/content/blogsection/6/45/ [colladablender.illusoft.com]
  • Quick Links