Cloud

4533   8   3
5 posts
Hello,

I was trying to create a cloud. So I created a torus, created a smoke container and used the option ‘source from object’ and smoke was emitted. Then I followed the rest of the help given for Image 3D Files in Houdini Help.
But its still showing the smoke when I render using Mantra. Can anyone help me out in creating a cloud???

Thanks in advance.
83 posts
Hi there

you can create a cloud using the iso offset node. see attached example.

regards

erik

Attachments:
cloud.hipnc (152.5 KB)

5 posts
Hi Erik,
Thanks for the reply and file.
Can you tell me how to create the volume_cloud given???
I took a material node in SHOP and gave a vex volume cloud to it.
But it doesn't have the options like ambient , cloud color , cloud density etc.
So I gave a vop vex surface shop to it. What should I do now??? I'm still learning. So not really good at all the options and usage.
83 posts
Hi

The shader is the volume cloud shader from the material palette. If you want to know how to create this shader from scratch, you can dive into the node to see what is going on. hope this helps

regards

Erik
5 posts
Hi,
I'll try it out.Volume cloud is not there in my material palette. So I applied a material in SHOP. Thanks for the help Erik
83 posts
Hi

You can always save the volume cloud shader from my example file to the gallery. That way it is available in other Houdini sessions

regards

erik
5 posts
Hi again
How do I get the inner part of the cloud in grey color fading to white to the outer part??? Should I take 2 different materials and create several clouds and place them or is there any option to give a gradient for the color???
Staff
2540 posts
Use the Volume Ramp SOP. Read the help for that operator. Tells you what you need to know.
There's at least one school like the old school!
5 posts
Okay!!!
Thanks for the reply
  • Quick Links