Error with Houdini desktop!

   6342   4   0
User Avatar
Member
112 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Every time I try to run Houdini, I get this:



I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6.1 so many times, I have tried deleting “build desktop”, etc…but still get this darn error.

PLEASE, I would greatly appreciate assistance.
www.tirgari.com
User Avatar
Staff
3466 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
what version are you running?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
User Avatar
Member
8171 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Try deleteing the whole directory houdini6.1 directory.
User Avatar
Member
112 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
This screen shot is of version 6.1. If by deleting the Houdini directory you mean manually deleting all houdini files in C drive after uninstalling, I did that too.

Just last night by some miracle, I went under “Settings” then “Desktops” and tried deleting both “Build” desktops listed, but only one was deleted. The other “Build” desktop couldn't be deleted, but I ended up closing and reopenning Houdini afterwards and the error was gone.

Before I had done windows search and deleted “build.desktop” file to no availe, but going through Houdini's Desktop settings seemed to have gotten rid of the corrupted file!
www.tirgari.com
User Avatar
Member
8171 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
I had actually meant the houdini6.1 directctory within Temp (see the path in the status bar in your screenshot). Glad that the problem worked itself out though anyhow.
  • Quick Links