learning Houdini & prman

3568   2   1
313 posts
I am learning Houdini and prman by myself. I am currently using HOudini 6.0 with the non-commereical licence. I just want to know how I can output the rib files from Houdini's output op. (I could only see the openGL, mentra and Wren icons)

please help me!
4140 posts
Sorry, there is no RIB output available in the Apprentice version.

You'll be happy to know that it's a pretty painless experience - not a lot of stuff to do. It's the best RIB generator out there, IMHO.

Cheers,

JC
John Coldrick
581 posts
Yes i'm agree with you john but i'm getting some troubbles with the renderman configuration under linux.
In past posts we discussed how to integrate renderman in houdini, with the OTL and using the -L in the rmands all works…with version 6.0.286, but two months ago we've installed 6.0.340, and our olds otl for the shaders doesn't work properly, you can crete a new SHOP with the otl, but the parameter pane appears blank , i've posted some messages in this forum and in the mailing list, but not get any answer.
How do you integrate your shaders under houdini?? (specially with 6.0.340)
I've used the old method and it works! but when i try to render with prman appears a black picture(with mantra appears fine, so lights are right), the rib appears to be right, it should be any stupid config troubble, you get this troubbles when you begun to use houdini with renderman???

Thanks for your advices.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links