Polyextrude problem

4323   6   0
113 posts
Hi everybody,

I have got a little problem with the polyextrude SOP, basically I want to extrude an edge, so what I do , I select an edge (of a poly box for example) in the 3d view and then right click to complete, but nothing happens ! Any ideas ? I probably do something wrong, but I can get it work

thanks in advance

Julien
276 posts
Hi Undertaker,

If is a default Box that you are putting down? The first thing that comes to mind is that perhaps you've made a box out of a mesh. PolyExtrude works strictly on polygonal geometry. If you middle click on the Box sop, it should tell you how many primitives you have – on a box you should have 6. (If it were a mesh, you'd have 1).

Hope that helps,
George.
113 posts
ho, it's a polybox, I have tried it on other poly objects, still doing the same
276 posts
Does extruding a face work? So here are the steps that I'm trying that work for me:

1. Start fresh Houdini
2. Go into SOP (model)
3. In the Viewport I put down a Box
4. I hit ‘tab’ and PolyExtrude
5. I switch to edges from the left side toolbox
6. Select one edge
7. Hit RMB

I then get the handle show up and I can extrude. Is there anything different from what you are doing?

Thanks for helping me try to track this down.

Take care,
George.
113 posts
it worked perfectly when I followed your steps.

I restarted Houdini and tried it on my model, and it also worked So it seems that I just needed to restart Houdini, that's quite strange anyway :shock:

Well .. thanks a lot !

Julien
276 posts
That is strange indeed. Well I'm glad it works for you now

George.
113 posts
I get this kind of little problems on the windows version, on the linux one, it's ok

Julien
  • Quick Links