How do you choose a particular section to drop first in RBD?

2205   3   2
96 posts
Just wanting to know how to designate one part to drop first then another, then another, etc. I saw a forum thread in the odforce but it doesnt seem to help any. Could I get some information on doing this please? Thank you.

Hairston
1390 posts
hairston630
Just wanting to know how to designate one part to drop first then another, then another, etc. I saw a forum thread in the odforce but it doesnt seem to help any. Could I get some information on doing this please? Thank you.
Hairston

You could for example play with RBD State node. It can overwrite any Position data of rbd object. See simple example, which is slightly modified version of one from that tread:
http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/sop-vector-field-t20391.html [vfxtalk.com]

hth.
skk.

Attachments:
rbd_state.hipnc.zip (15.5 KB)

96 posts
Thank you Symek. I do have a question about that particular node. I noticed that under STATE inside the POSITION Y field there is a “$OBJID*1.5”. Is this what is causing the delays in the objects falling? Im a little confused as what is going on within this node other than that particular parameter change…everything else just looks like its set to default. Thank you again.

Hairston
1390 posts
hairston630
Thank you Symek. I do have a question about that particular node. I noticed that under STATE inside the POSITION Y field there is a “$OBJID*1.5”. Is this what is causing the delays in the objects falling? Im a little confused as what is going on within this node other than that particular parameter change…everything else just looks like its set to default. Thank you again.
Hairston

$OBJID *1.5 places geometries on its spots, because I'm creating it with single RBD Object. See “Number of Objects” parameter on RBDObject. The magic is an expression in Group DOP. Group 0 Mask places all object to the group “static” and then the expression removes one by one based on $F*number. Because RBDState is scoped to that group, it frees geometry one after another based on “static” group membership. Sorry, if I wasn't clear about it.

hope now it's cleaner
cheers!
skk.
  • Quick Links