PyroFX question

4739   5   2
6 posts
Does anyone now of an easier way to up-res PyroFX? I mean other than what is already mentioned in the online tutorials?

Thanks!
Edited by - Aug. 24, 2009 13:51:38
1145 posts
Ah, what's easier than having it setup for you?
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
696 posts
probbins
Ah, what's easier than having it setup for you?

Magically having the final effect done for you as well?
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
6 posts
I'm having trouble enabling the upres version of my pyrofx. I follow the online tutorials but I can't see the results.

Don't understand what i could be doing wrong. This is why I asked.

Thanks
4140 posts
I think the point was your question was too generic, you're effectively asking for a brand new tutorial somehow customized to your environment, which btw you've offered up no information about.

Better is to indicate what you're running on, what you tried to do, and where things seemed to fail. ‘Not seeing anything’ doesn't really explain anything. Pages would be spent asking you questions and waiting for answers.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
6 posts
Sorry about that. I am working on a mac pro with leopard. I am using the latest version of houdini.

After following the online video tutorials to upres my lowres pyrofx, I do not seem to get any response from the upres version. Even if i simulate, all i see is the first frame of the effect…a soft haze around the sphere i generated the pyrofx from.

I don't know what else to say about it other than ive done it a couple times now and can't seem to figure out what I could be doing wrong…

I render out both versions to disk, make sure all my outputs are set correctly and…no luck.

I will take a closer look at the issue and see if i can find any other specific issues that are occurring with this.

Maybe im overcomplicating things?
  • Quick Links