7917   6   2
2 posts
I want to download Apprentice HD, can I run this on my:

Intel MacPro 2.66 DualCore
16Gb 667MHz RAM
(Loads of disc space)
OS X 10.5.8

Graphics Card: ATI X1900 512Mb VRAM

Is this OK for Apprentice and rendering particle systems such as fire and smoke? I need Apprentice to create some fire and smoke, explosions etc.
2 posts
I guess nobody knows?! LOL
Staff
3455 posts
I can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to run Houdini…
the only thing I'd be wary of is the video card…Houdini and ATI sometimes don't get along very well…

but you might be fine…just download and install and see for your self.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
5 posts
The real question is if you have an Intel Core Duo, or an Intel Core 2 Duo. The Houdini port for OSX is for 64-bit only. If you have an Intel Core Duo, this CPU doesn't support 64 bit kernel, hence you cannot install Houdini. You should be fine if you've got a Core 2 Duo.
5 posts
The real question is if you have an Intel Core Duo, or an Intel Core 2 Duo. The Houdini port for OSX is for 64-bit only. If you have an Intel Core Duo, this CPU doesn't support 64 bit kernel, hence you cannot install Houdini. You should be fine if you've got a Core 2 Duo.
Staff
4164 posts
So far, Ati cards under OS X have had fewer problems with Houdini than nVidia cards, but it all works.

I think the reason you didn't get any responses at first is that the system requirements page shows the mac requirements, but no worries! Have fun with Houdini!
I'm o.d.d.
4 posts
I'm running it on my macbook pro so I don't see why you couldn't
Tis the numbers that make me freak in...
  • Quick Links