storing an image in an OTL

7954   1   3
289 posts
Hi everybody,

Just trying to store a texture in the digital asset. I've been looking around on how to access the image using opdef but I cannot get it to work and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I've added a small example file

Cheers

Attachments:
Opdef.rar (435.3 KB)

A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
Staff
2540 posts
The syntax is:

opdef:<Type>/<asset_name>?<section_name>

where
Type is the type of operator: Object, Sop, etc.
asset_name is the name of the operator and NOT the label
? is the delimiter between the HDA name and the section name.
section_name is the name of the file embedded in the HDA

The easiest way to find out the <Type>/<asset_name> info is to RMB on your HDA node then choose the Operator Type Manager… menu option. That opens up the Operator Type Manager dialog along with the current HDA highlighted. You will easily see the <Table>/<asset_name> right there for you.

Depending on where you make this reference, you can use short cuts to fill in the various options. If you make reference to this in a parameter right on the HDA you can replace <Table>/<asset_name> with . to get something like this:
opdef:.?my_embedded_image.rat

Fyi “.” or “dot” means “here” in shell parlance. “../” means go up one directory as well so if you wanted to reference the image inside the asset one node down you could use a relative reference like this:
opdef:../?my_embedded_image.rat

Just point to the hda and “.” “here” takes care of filling in the Table and name for you.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links