Rendering IFDs

3309   3   2
52 posts
Hello Guys,

I am trying to render a few IFDs from the command line in my Windows system. I searched in the forums and found how to go about it. But when i tried implementing it, i got some error messages.

I opened the command prompt that comes with houdini and typed “csh” first. Then i typed “hrender -h” and i got the following message.

hrender -h: Command not found.

Can someone please help me how to go about rendering those IFDs?

Thanks a lot in advance.
1390 posts
Raavenish
Hello Guys,

I am trying to render a few IFDs from the command line in my Windows system. I searched in the forums and found how to go about it. But when i tried implementing it, i got some error messages.

I opened the command prompt that comes with houdini and typed “csh” first. Then i typed “hrender -h” and i got the following message.

hrender -h: Command not found.

Can someone please help me how to go about rendering those IFDs?

Thanks a lot in advance.

If you have already ifds on your disk, you don't need hrender (which helps with rendering from hscript session I think, but might be wrong as I have never used it). Ifds are meant to be send to mantra itself:

mantra -f mybeautyframe.ifd. Check out mantra -h for more options.
52 posts
Thanks a lot for replying Symek. Infact the command i used to render out IFDs from the command line was

mantra -f test_%%V.ifd

where %%V is the frame number. This solves one issue but could someone tell me why am i getting “Command not found” when i execute “hrender -h” in the command line..?
295 posts
Check your system path - maybe it's not being set correctly, or it's too long?
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
  • Quick Links