Houdini is slow

3223   3   0
43 posts
i am using a hp workstation xw4600 with windows vista , 6gb of ram and ati HD3800 series.

but when i open houdini,its slowandit doesn't display the icons in the interface…

how do i solve this insue , and i am using the version 10.0.554…
43 posts
come on guys???anynone ??
i am realy sufering with this problem….
11 posts
krizard

After looking about, You will probably find its down to your Graphics Card Drivers, Houdini plays better with Nvidia Geforce drivers.

Make sure your drivers are bang up to date, If its still the same then consider finding a Geforce card to stick in it.

Being like that its a Hp Workstation what bloatware is running in the background that came supplied with the computer? Personally I always fresh install my workstations if they are PC Based so I can be sure that there is no Bloatware on it. Typically though I just stick on the OSX side if I can.
320 posts
krizard

You should search this forum. I think you will find this is a very common issue, and as mentioned above it's directly related to your video card.

Try installing other driver versions. I've used an HP xw4200 with an ATI FireGL V3100 without any issues. However, it took me a while to find the right drivers. In the end 8.223 was the only way to go for me, but my card is quite a bit older then yours.

good luck
www.alan-warren.com
  • Quick Links