simple texture question/problem

3270   6   1
217 posts
Hi all,
I had that problem earlier and always found a solution, but now I'm too stupid. The texture streaks to the edges after a cookie and I can't find the way to solve that problem. I've tried facet and UV Project but nothing works. I simply want to use a UVTexture sop. Please help ;o)
Thanks a lot
Detlef

Attachments:
TextureProblem.jpg (29.2 KB)

519 posts
If you add a UV texture SOP the UV texture material looks as it should.

It seems (after a quick test) that some materials need proper uv's. The UV texture map is of course one of them. Other materials like marble don't use UV's but the points and normals of the polygon, so they look good without adding uv attributes.

(But…I thought that you could use uv texture material in a proper way without adding uv's on polygons so maybe there is a 2nd way to do this).
217 posts
thanks for help,
I used a UVTexture Sop and tried a procedural texture but always the same result (
519 posts
works here….have a look at the setup. If you still don't get it to work, post your file and I'll take a look.

Attachments:
wall.hip (338.2 KB)

217 posts
thanks for your time!
See a part of my file where you can see my problem.

Attachments:
TextureProblem01.hip (672.4 KB)

519 posts
Yeah i see it…it's weird, toyed a bit with your file and tried some other materials and all of them looked okay except for the stucco. So something fishy is going inside that shop stuff…

I can think of no quick solution for the moment. Try to rework the stucco material. The surface shop imports the changed P and N from the displacement shop. Maybe changing these to uv's might solve the issue.
217 posts
Hi Pagefan,

thanks a lot! It's good to see that I'm not alone ;o) The same problem with projected textures but I#ll find another solution

Have a nice day

Detlef
  • Quick Links