config resources file

1918   2   1
789 posts
Hello all,

I found houdini easier on the eyes with bigger fonts. I'd like a bit more control than just the gui scale setting, so I started to change the font setting in the $HFS/config/resources file. This works pretty well.

However, I am now looking for a way to do this per user, since not everybody will appreciate my huge fonts :-)

It appears the resources file is not loaded when in the config directory in my home folder. Is there another location I could try?

Thanks,
Koen
519 posts
Hey Koen,

my experience with config files is that they reside either in $home or in $hh. If there are two config files with the same name in those dirs, the $hh takes precedence.

An option would be to delete the file in the $hh and give your users either a big font version of the config file or the default config file in their $home dirs.

There is probably (and hopefully) a smarter way to get this done.

Groeten,
Hans
789 posts
Thanks for the reply Hans,

I thought in general, the more specific the location will win over a more generic one (otls in your home dir will load over the ones in the houdini install dir.) I am also altering my scene colorsin 3DSceneColors and that one seems to work.

Cheers,
Koen
  • Quick Links