[help] maximizing scene view will pop up houdini console

5707   8   3
479 posts
Hi, It seems whenever I maximize the scene view the Houdini Console window will pop up and continuously rolling the command prompt symbol.

I couldn't even close Houdini when this happens and I have to shut it down via task manager.

Did anybody encounter similar problem?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

- Ji

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (25.9 KB)

330 posts
oat
Hi, It seems whenever I maximize the scene view the Houdini Console window will pop up and continuously rolling the command prompt symbol.

I couldn't even close Houdini when this happens and I have to shut it down via task manager.

Did anybody encounter similar problem?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

- Ji

hi ,

this happened to me once ( a month ago ) and unfortunately i even didnt noticed what ‘ i did to cause that ’ .

the only solution i found was to rebuild my scene ( fortunately small ) .

maybe something was within the scene file itself ,

since reloading the problematic scene brought up endlessly in loop the strange ( empty ) message you posted above .

strange though , that even the mighty ESC button wasnt efficient as usually .

i know my post doesnt help you , .. but at least you know that ‘ you are not alone ’ .

.cheers
except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
479 posts
thanks, zarti!
205 posts
Maybe it is a good idea to forward your hip-file to sesi support, so they can analyze and fix this bug?
84 posts
hi people,

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had the same problem of the infinite “>>>” console?

I started having it when I moved to 12.5 and can't seem to fix it. In my case it does't seem to be the scene file since is happening with every scene. Its happening on both work and at home with Apprentice HD.

I work on
Windows 7
16gb RAM
Quadro 2000 with newest drivers (320.00) *(QuadroFX 1800 at work)
Houdini 12.5.416 (but it has been happening since lower builds)

It is not only with the viewport, it happens when maximizing any of the panes (either by button or hotkey).. I learned just to not maximize anything or pull a floating pane (since I maximize the window and not the pane itself) if I wanna see anything big on the screen… but honestly is annoying and I miss the shortcut..

any ideas?
575 posts
maybe this helps you:

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/17015-houdini-console/ [forums.odforce.net]
84 posts
YEEEEI! that did it!!

thank you very much sanostol!

*for future reference (in case any body is too lazy to follow the link)

problem cause: having a python console in your initial desktop, maximizing any pane corrupts it and gives infinite >>>

solution: remove the python console from your initial desktop configuration. Adding a console after houdini opens doesn't get it corrupted when maximizing panes
7710 posts
Did anyone log this bug?
84 posts
I guess no one did since it was happening since a while ago (looking at the date of this thread) and continuing on the most recent build.

So I just sent a bug report with the exact description from my post above. 8)
  • Quick Links