mirror captured geometry problem

4987   7   1
40 posts
Hi,
could it be, that in build 208 the mirror captured geo isn't working as supposed to be?
Everytime i choose the operation it asks for the destination geo to be deformed, then the source skeleton and then destination skeleton, but once i go to the node it's messed up.

There are different bones in the field, they aren't in the selected order, and destination and source are mixed up.

So i always had to go in there and type my bone names in by hand. tedious but worked.

After mirroring a couple parts i wanted todo the same for the arms of my character. This time it doesn't capture all of the points, though they have been selected.
How can i find out, if my points are truely mirrored. in other words, how to i get the exact world coordinates of a single point?

Cheers
7715 posts
When using Mirror Capture Weights, it might be better to always manually select all your bones. The order in which you select the bones determines the order that gets created.

For find out whether your points are truly mirrored, it's easiest by doing it in SOPs. Blast out half of your character, add a mirror sop, and then simply template/footprint the sop before your blast to compare it with the results of the mirror. If you want more visualization, you could also take a point sop which has both of these sops as inputs and then Add Color, put in $TX-$TX2, $TY-$TY2, $TZ-$TZ2 for the color expressions.

Otherwise, if you know the point numbers, just right-click on the sop tile and bring up the spreadsheet.
40 posts
i did select them manualy
in the very same exact order.

Thanks for the info with the spreadsheet, i always forget about it.
40 posts
i did now manualy manipulate the weights on the other side.
Next time i will take more care when mirroring geometry, though i thought i did it right. anyhow.

After skinning i ran into another problem with mirror capture weights:

I created, rigged, skinned a character. I then collapsed it into a subnet and all my previous “mirror capture weights” (from and to fields) are gone. What was i doing wrong?
I manualy copied and pasted the bones from the file before the collapse into the nodes in order to get it working.

I'm curious, what i've done wrong. :?: :?:

Thx and cheers
7715 posts
I think that's a bug that has since been fixed.
40 posts
since when?
i have build 208. that's the newest, or isn't it?
7715 posts
Not publicly released I mean.
40 posts
ok
  • Quick Links