Houdini 12 startup errors

4030   6   0
55 posts
Hi guys,
I am really sorry to post this topic as i feel that i might disturb the happy mood of the houdini release.Could someone please help me with these errors.I get lot of errors when i start houdini12.I have apprentice hd houdini 11 already installed.I know that i might have messed up with system variables .Here is a list of errors and also a note of my set command: http://codepad.org/CdVbKovT [codepad.org]
Reinstalled h12 several times.
it would be really great if someone could help me

Thanks to sidefx for H12
Happy houdining

Attachments:
error7.png (14.0 KB)
error8.png (14.1 KB)
error9.png (13.4 KB)
error10.png (13.9 KB)
error11.png (13.2 KB)
error12.png (18.2 KB)
error13.png (18.0 KB)
error14.png (13.5 KB)
error15.png (13.5 KB)
error17.png (11.1 KB)
error16.png (22.0 KB)
error6.png (14.2 KB)
error5.png (15.6 KB)
error4.png (18.1 KB)
error3.png (15.2 KB)
error2.png (13.4 KB)
error1.png (17.5 KB)

7743 posts
You have old H11 plugins in your HOUDINI_PATH. All old plugins must be recompiled for H12, they will not load and you'll get such errors.
7743 posts
Just took a look at your link. You have HFS preset to a H11 install. Offhand, I cannot think of reason to ever explicitly set the HFS environment variable.
55 posts
1) where can i find the old plugins in my system? i dont find any HOUDINI_PATH in my environment variables
2)now i deleted the HFS env variable

now the h12 starting,but when i create a sphere or anything.i cannot see anything in the viewport but it gets created inside the network box
7743 posts
It's hard to say. Launch the Houdini Command Line Tools and then run “hconfig”. What do you have there?

Basically, I think the problems you're encountering is incorrect setup of old Houdini versions that is being found.

Took a second look. Your PATH environment variable is also erroneously set to include a Houdini 11 distribution. I highly recommend NOT putting all the application specific directories in your PATH. Offhand, I see some Maya Python directories that might screw things up for Houdini.
68 posts
now the h12 starting,but when i create a sphere or anything.i cannot see anything in the viewport but it gets created inside the network box

Try changing to GL 2.1, in the preferences, 3d viewports tab.
55 posts
edward syme
now its working fine,few restarts and deleted a system variable which i set for hfs and corrected maya python things and also set to opengl 2.1.
Thanks
  • Quick Links