Displacement Texture Assignment Problem

2451   1   0
405 posts
Hey all,

Well this is an interesting problem. I have Shading Layers UVs setup for both a displacement and for the surface shader. The surface shader applies properly but the displacement does not. The displament applies in various and random patches ano noth what is selected in the UV Texture SOP. I tried Natrual Selection, Vertext Selection, and Point Selection. I have a layer after that set to layer 1 with a maximum of 3. I also went in and set the Displacement bias of the object to 2. Even though it actually goes to 1.15 I just wanted to have some breathing room. I am not getting cracking so its all good. Anyone run into this problem or can anyone field what it is I am doing wrong. I am starting to actually understand Vex shading now I am getting excited about what I can do with my work now.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. I have to buy a website so I can post pictures to you guys. Sorry about that.
711 posts
I'm not sure what's going on with your scene, but for pictures you could use photobucket.com. Takes only a second to sign up and it's a good, free service.
  • Quick Links