can prman render L-system?

4803   4   1
288 posts
can prman render L-system?I can't use prman render L-system's leave and fruit…and can't render them through prman shader…..
^_^
436 posts
L-SYstem just generates geometry. Just render it like you would any geometry. If you have any doubts, just append ConvertSOP (to Polygons) to the L-System network, and as far as PRMAN or MR3 are concerned , they are rendering polygons.
If you still have problems, just bake out the L-System, into BGEO sequence, with GeometryROP, if its animated. Then reloaded the seuqnce with FileSOP set to display and render. I do this all the time, cause in my case I have had to render with MRFM through Maya, so I had a MEL that would load the OBJ sequence and set Visibility keys for them. Worked great provided Maya did not run out of ram.
288 posts
thank u . I tried convert sop, but how to assign shader to leaves and fruits?? L-system doesn't create such groups automaticlly….
^_^
154 posts
hey ykcosmo

about ur l-system, if u adding leaves or whatever, then u should group them before they go into ur l-sys, and then when u can add a shader sop for the leaves after the lsys, just use the name of the group of the leave before it goes into ur l-sys.
even works once the geom has been converted.

hope this helps

all the best
aracid
288 posts
greate thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it works fine.
^_^
  • Quick Links