osx 10.7 Houdini firefox help failure

2651   2   0
2624 posts
Hi,
Since upgrading to Lion Houdini help has failed. Nothing I do will get it to work following this thread http://www.sidefx.co/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=26030 [sidefx.co] coupled with icons unable to build because Houdini is referencing the wrong Python libraries

File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/houdinihelp/__init__.py”, line 40, in <module>
from houdinihelp.wiki import WIKI, page_to_html, string_to_html, string_to_xml
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/houdinihelp/wiki.py”, line 10, in <module>
from wikiparser.filters.trees import (block_attribute_elements, color_syntax,
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/wikiparser/filters/trees.py”, line 20, in <module>
from pygments.lexers import get_lexer_by_name
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/lexers/__init__.py”, line 21, in <module>
from pygments.plugin import find_plugin_lexers
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/plugin.py”, line 39, in <module>
import pkg_resources
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 657, in <module>
class Environment(object):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 660, in Environment
def __init__(self, search_path=None, platform=get_supported_platform(), python=PY_MAJOR):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 55, in get_supported_platform
plat = get_build_platform(); m = macosVersionString.match(plat)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.670/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 187, in get_build_platform
plat = get_platform()
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/util.py”, line 98, in get_platform
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/sysconfig.py”, line 537, in get_config_vars
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/sysconfig.py”, line 405, in _init_posix
DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)

I did have a prior build of X tools on 10.6 snow leopard and upgraded the OS to Lion via the app store. Users who never had x tools installed prior to lion do not seem to have any problems. So I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and does anyone happen to know how to remove x tools completely and maybe doing a OS repair / reset while leaving all the data intact.

Rob
Gone fishing
23 posts
You might want to have a look at this particular topic:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=22368&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50 [sidefx.com]

I had a mac pro and like you once I upgraded to lion the Houdini help function was broken. I tried many things listed online to resolve the issue, but nothing helped. I'm not sure if you can downgrade and keep everything in tact as I've never tried it personally.
2624 posts
Well one thing is clear. There is an issue with Houdini and how the help functions on OSX , its never really been that great and has always thrown problems up.
But After 2 days with this annoying issue I have managed to fix it .

http://www.circusmonkey.com.au/circusmonkey/OSXLION.html [circusmonkey.com.au]

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links