A Fluid fundamental problem, please help me.

4803   7   1
48 posts
Dear teachers,
    I was doing an animation to mention buckets. The model is imported from maya inside fbx. Maya model of even the basic accumulation does not appear, the water is only the bottom of the barrel.
Houdini the model can produce accumulation but not obvious, or take a long time of settlement. When I use the FLIP in fluid from the Object tool.
Water after the settlement is not good accumulation. I tried to adjust Viscosity ', but will affect the dynamic effect of the water.
I have three questions:
1.maya file to import houdini settlement error.
2.How to make water to produce accumulation, which is the thickness.
3. penetration in the picture is the why, how to avoid.
4.houdini12 scaling the volume of an object is launched, how to change the fluid emission rate.
I hope the teacher can help me, Be grateful。
Edited by - July 10, 2012 08:52:59

Attachments:
Water.rar (488.6 KB)

48 posts
initiall

Attachments:
initial.jpg (112.1 KB)

48 posts
simulation

Attachments:
simulation_after.jpg (132.1 KB)

48 posts
penetrate

Attachments:
penetrate.jpg (135.2 KB)

68 posts
2. you could try the particle separation parameter.
3. for particles to _not_ penetrate your collision geometry, use a thicker model to collide with the fluid. so you need 2 geometry of the cup. one for render then another for collision.
4. im not really sure on this, i use velocity and particle separation to increase particle emission.

you might also want to look at sidefx.com's tutorial sections. there's a lot of masterclasses about fluid and it really teaches you how to get started.

goodluck and enjoy
257 posts
On top of making the cup model thicker, increasing the collision geometry's division helps too.

eitht.
1743 posts
Are the equal points on the cup consolidated? If not, maybe try applying a Fuse SOP to consolidate the points that should really be the same on the cup. I don't know if that'll actually help, but I can see how not having points consolidated might lead to problems like that. (the penetration, that is, not the settling)
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
48 posts
Thank you, I found that if SPH fluid will be better. I am a novice and ask so no technical content of the problem.
  • Quick Links