Leg Rig for you to play with

5978   4   1
237 posts
I have released my leg rig at od it is an early version but still fun to push around . So if you want to give it a go you can test it for me, tell me if it flips (when the foot is in a position where you can actually put your foot) or what you may like to see in the rig.
It is in this thread so take a look and add your comments in the od forum or here.

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=1870&s=71ef6a61e2cd90623360c413492540af [odforce.net]
Robert Kelly
33 posts
Do you mean legs_only1.zip? I'll check and report, thank you.
237 posts
that's it
Robert Kelly
33 posts
Just tried it a bit, and it's very nice and easy. I have found one glitch, well at least in the way I'm using it. It's nice that the leg twist affector moves automatically when animating L_heal_con, but I don't know If as a side effect of this, when twisting L_foot_CON_ in Z the twist effector moves around too.

I also moved the twist effectors a good lot forward away from the knees, sometimes the leg started to flp because of the tigh getting near the twist ef.

Please realize these are small criticisms, the rig is fun and usable just need to fix the L_foot_CON_ problem or tell me if I'm not supposed to rotate that…
237 posts
The heal_con is a child of the foot_con. The heal_con is meant to be used then put back. The foot con root can also provide rotation to the feet I may have to clean this up. 3 ways to rotate a foot may be too many. I need to find some way to get pivots working for me, so I can do away with multiple rotations controllers on one object like a foot.
Robert Kelly
  • Quick Links