Mantra Waterfall Webinar, spray rendering help

3451   2   1
68 posts
Hello, can someone suggest how I can improve the look of spray? The bottom one in the attached image is my render. The top one looks really detailed and small. In my render, the spray particles are too globular. I've tried motion and increasing the shutter speed(to 1.5). Other than that, I'm clueless how to get that effect. For particles, I've done wedge with particle random seed. That's 130k x 5wedge. It takes a while to render when I added another 5wedges. I also added variance velocity to the particles.

thank you very much.

Attachments:
upload.jpg (58.6 KB)

257 posts
Could particle scale and number of particles be the problem? Try randomizing their scale and increasing their numbers if you haven't gave those a shot!

eitht.
68 posts
thanks for the suggestions.

the reference image/file has 2mil particles. i have little less 1.3m minus the ones not showing in the frame. About the particle scale, I tried rendering the particle geo with its pscale changed with addSOP > pointSOP. It was displayed 0.6 in the details view. I tried 0 and 0.1, it doesn't change. Should I re-render the particles and change the scale from there? Is this camera or actual scene size trick?
  • Quick Links