Very simple field question

2727   8   0
53 posts
Hi
I have a question about gas particle to field, how can i affect exactly one voxel's value for each one particle?
“accumlate” use trilinear interpolation thus it affect exactly 8 voxels,
and regardless of how small pscale is ,turn “extrapolate” off, it at least affect 27 voxels…
is there any way to solve this without HDK?
Edited by - Aug. 20, 2012 02:47:04
606 posts
I would try with a volume vop sop inside a sop solver. Open up the particles as a point cloud, filter, check if inside current voxel..
53 posts
eetu
I would try with a volume vop sop inside a sop solver. Open up the particles as a point cloud, filter, check if inside current voxel..

Yeah, volume vop + point cloud
but voxel is cube ,and pcopen with a radius is a sphere, this will include judgment of inside or outside of a cube, pcopen+while+if cause the volume vop incredible slow maybe there is another better way :?:
390 posts
I think eetu means use volumesample() to check.
53 posts
zdimaria
I do not understand you very well,would you please put an example scene? thankyou very much. :?
606 posts
liuxiaolin
zdimaria
I do not understand you very well,would you please put an example scene? thankyou very much. :?

I'm not sure either

I don't see how volumesample() would work, as we are in a Volume VOP SOP, inside a voxel, looking at a point cloud.

I'll have to try how to do this..
606 posts
Ok here's what I came up with.

Compare the difference vector (of current P and closest point) with the voxel size, separately on each axis.

Attachments:
one_point_one_voxel.hip (111.4 KB)

53 posts
eetu
Ok here's what I came up with.

Compare the difference vector (of current P and closest point) with the voxel size, separately on each axis.

Thankyou very much eetu!!! Although it is not very efficient,but it seems like the only way without hdk.
390 posts
sorry must have read it too quick. i meant use the volumesample instead of a pcopen would solve the spherical radius lookup issue.
  • Quick Links