objects by attribtransfer.

2569   3   0
9 posts
Hi, Guys. I'm trying to make active objects by attribtransfer. But it doesn't work :shock:

I was trying to use RBD keyframe active and Active value. But both of them didn't work

I want to make red point objects as active objects and keeping position other objects.

I'm attaching my file.

I'll wait great answers from advanced users.

Thanks~!
Edited by - Jan. 10, 2013 05:12:29

Attachments:
test.hipnc (271.8 KB)

8568 posts
you need to set operation in activevalue1 to Set Always
and since you are changing active value just on group you need to start with inactive objects so in box_object1 uncheck Create Active Objects
it should work then

or
you can use your expression directly in activevalue1 node avoiding creating group (see the file), and this will set active value for each object on every timestep so it may provide you greater control since you will be able to deactivate any piece again if you want

Attachments:
test_fix.hipnc (576.3 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
9 posts
Thanks a lot~! It works perfectly~!! I have a question of this file.

You putted a point expression into activevalue1 node's activation parameter. Why does it work? I thought the activation parameter only works with 1 or 0 value. The point expression will return red points. Could you explain of it?

Thanks.

tamte
you need to set operation in activevalue1 to Set Always
and since you are changing active value just on group you need to start with inactive objects so in box_object1 uncheck Create Active Objects
it should work then

or
you can use your expression directly in activevalue1 node avoiding creating group (see the file), and this will set active value for each object on every timestep so it may provide you greater control since you will be able to deactivate any piece again if you want
8568 posts
the expression is not in activation, but in Active parameter which sets the value of active data to rbds and can be varied per rbd object

Activation parameter is set on 1, not animated
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links