32 GB Ram - How can I use this.

4820   8   2
197 posts
Hey guys, I got a new computer with 32 GB ram, which is new to me, how can I use this during renders? What should I increase tile size to? This is now my primary rendering machine where I live, so it will be going constantly, I'd like to use everything it has.

Specs.
32 GB DDR3 clocked at 1600 Mhz.
Xeon 2620 2.0 Ghz, 6 cores, hyper threaded, with ECC.
ASUS HD 7850
That's all that really matters in this build (I'm keeping it really cold though with some water cooling).
100 posts
I'd play with the Ray Tracing Accelerator options under “Render” in Mantra, and increase KD-Tree memory factor. This will mantra to use more Ram during raytracing.

I have 24GB and honestly it doesn't make for much faster rendering. I've found that it helps rendering scenes with more textures and at a larger sized output.
Staff
5158 posts
The thing with memory is that when you have enough, you don't really notice its effect. It's only when you don't have enough that you'll realize how much you need it
197 posts
I certainly struggled with 8.
100 posts
Delight0092
I certainly struggled with 8.

I had 12GB for a while, but could easily max it out with Houdini. Especially when cooking simulations.
197 posts
It's main improvements will be FLIP.
197 posts
jamesmil2011
hello friends ! i am vikram i am new in this forum. i want just how to use 32 gb. i have purchased new computer can i play computer with graphics . please suggest me. :roll:

Your question doesn't make sense.
575 posts
just spam
197 posts
sanostol
just spam
Seems it.
  • Quick Links