VEX Builder Parameter "Editor"

2662   2   1
543 posts
Hi,

Perhaps this has been fixed in H6.5 …

It's such a *pain* when dealing with large VOP's networks to arrange the parameters into groups when configuring the user's GUI. The dialog box will not “grow” so you've only got about 8 lines to work with so when moving a parm to another location in the list it takes forever to scroll to the desired location. And you can't select a number of parms to move at once …

Am I missing something? Has this been addressed in 6.5?

Thanks!

–Mark
========================================================
You are no age between space
543 posts
Oh, forgot to mention. It would also be extremely helpful to be able to drag a whole group of parms to a different location in the list.
========================================================
You are no age between space
4140 posts
Well, there's good news and there's bad news…you can now select multiple params and move them at once. Yay. That used to drive me nuts too. However, I can't seem to get auto-scrolling working at *all* in the latest beta. The way it seems to work is that you can slide it the height of one page and insert it into a location in the current group. If your target is another group, you're forced to keep doing this until you hit the next group, then you *must* select the label header of the next group(!) to insert it at the end of the next group(!!), from which you then start all over again to get it into another group or slide it to where you want in the current one(!!!).

Phew!

Not sure if this is busted in the beta, but it doesn't seem to be - it smells like a workaround to the slow scrolling times you mentioned. Ugh. Not liking it. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links