Glue Bullet vs RBD problem, Instanced geo into DOPs

1756   1   1
7 posts
My windows are glued to the window pane(static object).

If you switch to RBD solver they fall out of the pane - why is there a difference in glue behavior depending on solver. I would like to use RBD solver - how do I glue for that? I've always had trouble with gluing objects together and tend to use the RBD solver. Must I use Bullet if I want to glue things together?

Also: my rock test is not working, Rock should bounce off window…it goes straight through. I have checked collision geo on all objects. Notice rock does bounce on ground plane.

Lastly: I have rocks instanced onto particles - how do I get particles into DOPs so that instanced geo can do the breaking?

Thanks very much
Stacy

Attachments:
KitchenGeo06Aforum.hipnc (2.3 MB)
KitchenGeo06Aforum.hipnc (2.3 MB)

Staff
329 posts
The RBD Solver is unable to enforce glue constraints between RBD Objects and Static Objects. You can work around this limitation by using constrained RBD Objects (perhaps with some RBD Pin Constraint DOPs) instead of a Static Object.

Quickly moving and thin objects are also a challenge for the RBD Solver. You may need to increase substepping to detect collisions between these objects.

If you decide to use the Bullet Solver with your scene, consider reducing the “Collision Padding” for the “As-Is” geometry representations to prevent thin features from disappearing.
  • Quick Links