Pyro export to file - extend cache

5198   4   1
9 posts
Hey,

exported a sequence in the Dop I/O and now I want to extend it.
Prob is when I enter the new frame range, say 70 - 100 it recalculates all the frames before this. I read in the help it ignores this parameter when hitting render and goes back to import from Dops.

There must be a way around this?

Cheers
110 posts
kristaan
Hey,

exported a sequence in the Dop I/O and now I want to extend it.
Prob is when I enter the new frame range, say 70 - 100 it recalculates all the frames before this. I read in the help it ignores this parameter when hitting render and goes back to import from Dops.

There must be a way around this?

Cheers

Hey kristaan,

Unfortunately this ain't like FumeFX (I wished), when you write out bgeos you are liteally just writing out a Geometry cache, none of the previous information is saved.

If you'd like to do some sort of Initial State simluation, you'll have to save out .sim files inside of DOPs, and then create the initial state for up to the sim frame you wanted to start from, and then read in the .sim file onto the DOPs sim.

-Rick
9 posts
Thanks Rick,

I guess that makes sense. I already cached out a .sim sequence with explicit cache. It says on that though, you can essentially do what I need to do, although in practice it's not working.

I guessed it might be an initial state scenario.

Cheers!
Kristaan
142 posts
Ratmann
Hey kristaan,

Unfortunately this ain't like FumeFX (I wished), when you write out bgeos you are liteally just writing out a Geometry cache, none of the previous information is saved.

If you'd like to do some sort of Initial State simluation, you'll have to save out .sim files inside of DOPs, and then create the initial state for up to the sim frame you wanted to start from, and then read in the .sim file onto the DOPs sim.

-Rick

Just to go off topic slightly… Isnt that exactly the way fumeFX works too? The standard fdx files are your “geo” files to render from and if you want to continue a sim you need to save out a much larger fdc file that contains all the fields needed to re sim?

In both instances it makes sense to only save out what you need to render and explicitly save out a sim/fdc if you want an initial state. FumeFX has the option of saving out the fdc every 10 frames or whenever you want as a bit of a recovery measure.
Im sure you could set something like that up to save a sim file out every 10 frames, or just one on the last frame of the sim to allow you to continue it at a later date.
I guess this would only be helpful if loading the .sim file worked!
9 posts
Hi Jordan,

yeah that would be ideal to save out a .sim every 10 frames or so. I chanced rendering a .bgeo seq over night and it went through without crashing so good for now I guess, was annoying to have to resim though and writing out the full .sim cache at the same time is a little crazy I think. I guess the sim information must be stored temporarily somewhere to make the geometry file for that frame?

Anyway, good for now. Cheers!
  • Quick Links