Keep backbone attributes when using sweep

4053   5   2
230 posts
Hi all,

I have a simple question with maybe not possible solution.

I would like to keep the point attributes from the geometry which is used as a backbone in the sweepSOP. By default, sweep will deleted all the attributes of the backbone but I noticed that succesfully transfers the color to the new geometry.

Is there any way to trasfer custom attributes?

If there was only one attributes vector attribute or three floats I could assign them to the color and then following the sweep I can break them again to individual attributes but I have two vector attributes.

Also attributetrasferSOP can do it successfully when the geometry is like the example in the attached file. Finally I can't use copySOP or polywireSOP because in my original scene I have multiple backbones merged and only sweepSOP gives me the right result by treating each backbone separately.

Attachments:
attributes_sweep.hip (69.4 KB)

696 posts
Hey, I've managed to whip something up with copy SOP. It just doesn't seem like the sweep is cut for the problem at hand.

Cheers

Attachments:
attributes_sweep_321.hip (161.2 KB)

Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
230 posts
rafaels thanks for the reply, to use the copySOP in a loop was my backup plan but I though if color could be transferred successfully then probably somehow other attributes can, but I guess I was wrong. @anim posted a workaround in the odforce forum, using the sweepSOP.

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/16704-keep-backbone-attributes-when-using-sweep/ [forums.odforce.net]
330 posts
havent downloaded previous suggestions

, but here it is what do in similar cases ..

!! it is a H11 file

hope it is ok for you .

.cheers

Attachments:
attributes_zweep_320.hip (63.0 KB)

except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
230 posts
zarti
havent downloaded previous suggestions

, but here it is what do in similar cases ..

!! it is a H11 file

hope it is ok for you .

.cheers

Do the skin after!!! amazingly simple and it makes so much sense. Sometimes when the answer is in front of your face you are missing it.

BUT when you have multiple backbones as input to the sweep and do the skin after, its gonna skin them as one unit. If each backbone has the same number of points then you can use the “N” parameter on the skinSOP comes, use the Groups of N primitives and use as number of points that a single backbone has. If you have uneven backbones as in my case then you cant use it.

I have attached a file which demonstrates the problem mentioned above.

Attachments:
attributes_zweep_320_300.hip (90.0 KB)

330 posts
.. if so , you can pack the ‘suggestion_netbox’ inside a foreach_SOP

and you dont have to worry about the number of backbones / or number of points into each of those ..

.cheers

Attachments:
attributes_zweep_320_300_116_multiple.hip (88.9 KB)

except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
  • Quick Links