Hair Model VOP

2234   2   0
27 posts
I am a new Houdini learner and just found out that Houdini has a New Physical Base Hair Model VOP but unfortunately I don't know how I can implement or apply it for my Fur /Hair.

What sort of steps I need to follow before I can see the final rendered output.Do I require any special lighting/rendering set for rendering this new hair model.

Thanks in advance
27 posts
Even after 66 views no one has come forward to suggest me what and how should I connect the new Hair shader. I thought that this community would be helpful for a new guy like me but so far my thinking proved me wrong,
2624 posts
Hi,
Make a simple hair object using the shelf tools then Peel open the hair shader and replace the current Hair VOP with the Physical Based Hair VOP . That means rewiring the inputs and outputs. As a new user you should watch the master class videos on rendering in the tutorial section , lots of physical based lighting tips. If I find an example file I will post it.

A personnel view > I found trying to render fur using PBR with a custom fur shader I built to be quite difficult as it took 1hr plus a frame on 4 million hairs. In the end I stuck with using a automated dome light rig for the fur with tiny blurred shadow maps coupled with a Key and fill light.

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links