easy way to repeat uv in houdini

11417   5   0
9 posts
Hi,
What is the easy way to repeat uv in houdini.?
What i am doing is mulitplying s and t cords with a float/integer, but it doesnt give me what i want.
I would assume that multiplying by 1 , means no repeat and 2 means repeat twice.
am i missing something ?
also, i find it tedious to do the same operation for many textures in the shader network.
let me know, if i am missing something on this
thanks !!
293 posts
The simplest answer is that to get a texture to repeat you need to divide s and t by 1 or 2, not multiply .

There is also a UVTransform VOP for more advanced controls.

To control multiple shaders / textures at once the easiest way is to create parameter VOPs for your texture repeat multipliers and wire them into each node you want to control. You now have access to your parameters at the material level where you could set multiple shaders at once.
Staff
2540 posts
There should be no reason to forcibly repeat the uv's between 0-1.

You can let your uv's to go above 1 and below 0. If your texture look-ups are set to repeat, they will naturally repeat …,-1-0, 0-1, 1-2, …

Just increase the scale in either the UV Texture, UV Project, UV Transform, etc.

See the attached scene file.

You can also scale uv's in the shader. The default Mantra Surface shader doesn't do this but you can dive in and add a UV Transform VOP and scale the uv's there. That is if you have the Texture Map VOP set to repeat your textures.

Attachments:
uv_repeats_SOPs.hip (1.7 MB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
9 posts
Thankyou ..so much guys for the replies ..

Also,not sure if this should be a seperate topic.
But is there a way to do triplanar projection in houdini. Its more like textures are projected from top,side and front, so it doesnt have to follow the uv cords.
and also, needs a blending between different projection.
36 posts
Hi Dilesh, I found this in OdForum: http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/16884-material-projection/page__hl__tri#entry105469 [forums.odforce.net]

it may help you
9 posts
Hey Thanks …
it has a good start..
but the thing i am intrested in is …how to angle the plane of projection interatively and blend between two
-Dilesh
  • Quick Links