FBX VS Mantra shaders for reflection

3902   3   1
20 posts
i have a problem here guys
i import an fbx file from 3ds max with materials , fbx material inside houdini have a reflect parameter working fine but when i try to do the same effect by using mantra material i get a problem
my question is
how to make the same effect through mantra material , am i doing something wrong???? it just an hdr image inside an environment light , why fbx material able to reflect the hdr image properly when mantra material is not ????
second i try to use mantra cause i can export reflection pass properly , is there any way to export reflection pass from fbx materials cause in houdini fbx material are locked and you cant go inside it , i try everything nothing work actually
thanks
Edited by - Aug. 27, 2013 06:51:03

Attachments:
coper.jpg (88.1 KB)

1799 posts
it probably depends on your setup using the houdini materials VS what automatically is setup using the fbx materials. You can go either route I think to setup an export of a reflection pass.

For using the houdini materials, are you setting up your hdr image with an environment light?
-G
20 posts
hi grayOlorin and thanks for your replay
yes i put just an HDR image in the environment light as an environment map
the problem is why mantra material dosent reflect the environment map like fbx material do ???? i try everything
i actually want to use mantra material cause the reflection pass is nice , with fbx surface shader you cant go inside to get vex code for exporting reflection pass , other extra image plan in mantra render are not working properly
1799 posts
Another quick question, are the reflections we see in the car right now (on the left) due to regular spotlights in the scene? Would you also post your hip.file?
-G
  • Quick Links