Copy Stamps - Why Only 50?

1975   2   0
2 posts
I've always been curious why the Stamp tab in the Copy node is the way it is. Why are 50 stamp variables the limit? And why are they spread out across 5 sub tabs?

It seems like the “X +” UI layout used in the AttribCreate node would be more suiting and would allow for unlimited stamps.

Or does everyone else think it makes sense that was it is? If so why?

Not a huge deal, I just think about it every time I need to stamp.

Thanks.
8582 posts
I rarely use more than one stamping variable, as many times you only need $PT or $CY
everything else you can figure out from that and on top many attributes are recognised and used directly by copy sop so you don't need to stamp transforms

and since H13 creating stamping variables for custom attributes is pretty much automatic if you include attribute name in Attribute Stamps parameter

so 50 variables seems more than enough, even though I agree that the UI could be updated as multiparm, but considering that copy sop is one of the oldest nodes it doesn't surprise me that it isn't
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
2 posts
tamte
and since H13 creating stamping variables for custom attributes is pretty much automatic if you include attribute name in Attribute Stamps parameter

I missed the new Attribute Stamps parameter. That is perfect and does away my need for the sub tabs. It also accepts wildcards. Super cool.

Thanks for pointing me towards that!
  • Quick Links