HDK "could not find platform sdk installation directory

6434   7   3
5 posts
Hello people
I am new here.

I am trying to recompile a HoudToKraka ROP https://github.com/FictionIO/PRTRop [github.com] for 13.260 and I have a “could not find platform sdk installation directory” when I run the compiler. I have VS 2005 SP1 installed. Anyone bumped against that before ?

So, indeed, I am attempting to export a FLIP data from Houdini to Krakatoa. Would love to stay and stick in Mantra but I am not advanced enough to translate my entire shader rig in Houdini. Damn

Thank you,

Tang
To find me, follow the light
57 posts
I have the exact problem. I have searched for the solution and I have found no clue. I have VS 2008 installed. I will appreciate if anyone could help.

Regards,
7714 posts
First of all, you must use Visual Studio 2008 for Houdini 13's “vc9” build, or Visual Studio 2012 for the “vc11” build. Examine the filename of the installer. Also ensure that you have the 64-bit compiler installed if you're using the 64-bit Houdini version. When you install Visual Studio, you *must* customize the installation to include this. I have seen it OFF by default. Also, please use the latest production build of Houdini 13.

Once you meet this requirement. Ensure that you have the “Platform SDK” installed. I'm not sure if it comes with the Express (read: free) editions. In older free editions, I'm sure it was only available as a separate download from microsoft.com. If you have it installed, it should be located at something like this (depending on which version of Visual Studio and Platform SDK):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0

Finally, follow the Windows compiling instructions here and post the full log of what happens if you still can't get it to work:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk13.0/hdk_intro_compiling.html#HDK_Intro_Compiling_Windows [sidefx.com]
5 posts
Wow… I am amazed, awesome !
Thank you Edward ! That is support
57 posts
Thank you so much edward,
Now I can compile the tools without any problems
5 posts
me too ! FANTASTIC
228 posts
Hey Edward - do you know if we can compile H14 plugins using VS2013? They both use vc11 right?

We're getting “Could not find Platform SDK installation directory.” when we try to compile with hcustom even though I have installed the Windows 8.1 SDK (install directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits))
www.kmcnamara.com
7714 posts
For H14, only vc11 builds are available so must use VS2012 (two thousand twelve).
  • Quick Links