Mantrasurface shop error

3082   8   2
246 posts
I'm getting a lot of instability in the H13 releases (crashes, viewport corruption, buggy redraws, sluggish operation, etc.), and one of the things that I'm getting is an error when I copy and paste a default, out of the box, mantrasurface node in SHOPs. Here's what the popup dialog tells me:

(snip)

Paste nodes from clipboard warnings

Warning: Problem while synchronizing child node:
Warning: Problem while synchronizing child node
Warning: Skipping unrecognized parameter “F”.

1 node pasted

(snip)

As for the viewport/video card, I've been having a lot of issues - they started in 12, but have been exacerbated in the 13 releases. My card is the Nvidia Quadro 2000 running driver version 9.18.13.3221. Otherwise, Intel Core 15-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz, 16 Gb ram, 64 bit, Windows 7. When I run into a problem (which s frequently), I find that switching from “Light” to “Dark” in the viewport display settings seems to snap it out of it, but only briefly.

Anyone else having any similar issues?
4189 posts
Just tested copy-pasting the ‘mantrasurface’ node in ship and no error on OsX, H13.0.296, AMD 7950

H13 is pretty stable here, any bugs/crashes I'm sending straight into Sesi with screen-recordings and they are getting fixed very quickly.
279 posts
I think it's a bug introduced in 13.0.260 and resolved in 13.0.287

From Houdini Journal:
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Houdini 13.0.287: Fixed a bug that would lead to warnings when loading files with saved surfacemodel or computelighting nodes.
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=default&view=FULL&logfile=ALL&icon=ALL&version=13.0&buildstart=287&buildend=287&perpage=20&search= [sidefx.com]

Try to download last production build or daily build would resolve these warnings.
246 posts
Thank you, I'll give it a try.

I think that in retrospect that some of my viewport issues, etc., are due in part to a now underpowered video card (1 GB VRAM), especially given the two 1920x1200 monitor setup.

Recommendations on a new card? I'm partial to nvidia, and am looking at the Quadro K5000.

http://www.nvidia.ca/object/quadro-k5000.html#pdpContent=2 [nvidia.ca]

Anyone have any experience with this card, or others like it?
279 posts
I'm like you and using more than 1 monitor, and i have a lots of display bugs. For graphic card, i will not recommand the quadro K5000. I'm using a GTX 780 - 3 GB and it's much better than the K5000 - 2GB. You can find some threads in this forum.
246 posts
Thanks for that, much appreciated - I'll look into it. That said, I've often thought of the Geforce cards as consumer products aimed squarely at the gaming community, no?
4189 posts
stu
Thanks for that, much appreciated - I'll look into it. That said, I've often thought of the Geforce cards as consumer products aimed squarely at the gaming community, no?

Times have changed, drivers are much better now and these geforces are really really good I hear - do a search on the forums.
258 posts
Yeah…stay away from the k series. We pulled them and replaced them with 780's and got much better interactive performance.
246 posts
Good to know, thanks!
  • Quick Links