Trouble exporting to Alembic

5370   9   1
43 posts
I have been following along with a tutorial to create a dust devil.

I have no issues using a DOP I\O Node to cache out my geometry as .bgeo files, but I would like to export the scene using Alembic.

I know that I cannot use Alembic Export in Apprentice, but I would like to know how to wire it all up for this particular scene setup for the future as I like the workflow that it uses.

I've attached the project for someone to have a look at if they don't mind

Attachments:
Network Relationships.hipnc (1014.7 KB)

4189 posts
The normal workflow to export an Alembic scene is use File menu/Export/Alembic Scene.

You can also use an RopAlemnbicOutput node in Sops and an Alembic Rop in Outputs.
43 posts
How about exporting groups created by Voronoi fracturing “inside & outside groups”? They don't seem to export even though the geometry exports fine
4189 posts
Working here - - ‘shatter’ torus and export abc, import into Nuke8

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 4.20.52 pm.png (14.6 KB)

1391 posts
Josh Oram
How about exporting groups created by Voronoi fracturing “inside & outside groups”? They don't seem to export even though the geometry exports fine

If you wanna export your Alembic file with included group's like “Inside” and “Outside” , You should export your scene via Export menu instead of “ROP Alembic Output” 8)
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
4189 posts
Joker386
If you wanna export your Alembic file with included group's like “Inside” and “Outside” , You should export your scene via Export menu instead of “ROP Alembic Output” 8)

What is the advantage of the Export menu? It just creates an Alembic Output driver which is also Rop Alembic Output node.

Groups also export via the Rop Alembic Output.
1391 posts
MartybNz
Joker386

What is the advantage of the Export menu? It just creates an Alembic Output driver which is also Rop Alembic Output node.

Groups also export via the Rop Alembic Output.

Oooops !

Yes you right ,I was wrong and that's no different
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
4189 posts
If you RMB on a node and ‘Save Geometry’ as an Alembic - groups don't export.
Staff
2593 posts
MartybNz
If you RMB on a node and ‘Save Geometry’ as an Alembic - groups don't export.

This bug should be fixed in tomorrow's build. There was an issue with the stand-alone tool “gabc”.
4189 posts
Thanks Mark - that's working well now.
  • Quick Links