Switch between two POPattractors (or switching the SOP path)

1551   2   0
23 posts
I'm new to the software and have been experimenting with the particle attractor to attract particles to an object. What i would like to do is switch out that object so the particles rearrange themselves to the new one. Since the SOP path does not have a nodal connection in the popattract node itself, is there some sort of trick to accomplish this switch ?

Any help would be great.
8583 posts
just switch source geometry in SOPs with Switch SOP then reference the result in POP Attract SOP Path

or

animate SOP Path parameter on POP Attract node directly (yes you can keyframe string values in parms in Houdini) so it changes from one path to another

or

if you want the control per particle, have 2 streams with POP Attract and just switch between them with some rule per particle
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
23 posts
Thank you, I ended up keyframing the path and it worked. Thank you for that tip.

As far as the first method, i'm not quite sure how to set that up. Could not find a switchSop, just a generic switch node which does not seem to let me feed in a geo node, i'm probably doing something wrong there.
  • Quick Links