Breaking problem

2115   3   1
80 posts
Hi,

The RBD box is falling on a shattered and fractured ground, but when I keyframe the polyextrude from 0 to 0.1 (invisibility) Im having some problems with the DOP import. Everything works perfectly fine until I make a simple keyframe on this polyextrude (frame 24+25, on impact).
The main idea is that the ground is supposed to break on impact and I want it to be invisible befor the hit. That is the reason for the keyframing.

I have attached the project.
Hope some of you have time to help me out.

Stig

Attachments:
break.hipnc (270.4 KB)

Staff
4177 posts
I wouldn't complicate it like that. Simply setup the fractured geometry like you want, then set the Creation Frame on the DOP Object to the frame you want.

And on the DOP Import, set it to ‘Import Geometry’, which will import nothing until the object is creating in the DOP network.
I'm o.d.d.
80 posts
Thank you!

Where do you set the ‘Import Geometry’. I cant find it in the dop import sop?
I can only find different import styles and it is set to “transform input geometry” as default.

Stig
50 posts
stigolsen
Thank you!

Where do you set the ‘Import Geometry’. I cant find it in the dop import sop?
I can only find different import styles and it is set to “transform input geometry” as default.

Stig

You need the one called “fetch”. If you chose a “transform”, this means you are not getting geometry from DOP, but just POSITION matrix data.
  • Quick Links