Point cloud open broken in POP DOPS

2544   5   0
16 posts
Hey,

I'm trying to convert a POP system from an old file to new POP DOPS. However, the new POPDOPS system doesn't look the same with the same settings. I've narrowed it down the “Point cloud open” node not respecting the search radius or “Number of points”. I"ve tried in both 13.314 and 13.343 with same results. Is this a known bug?

Attachments:
POPDOP_compare.hip (336.0 KB)

16 posts
a little help here sideFX? can anyone else confirm this for me?
8554 posts
you just forgot to connect P to pcopen so all points are sampling at default position {0,0,0}

EDIT: maybe not forgot, as SOP and POP VOPs doesn't require it but for CVEX based VOPs it's required for now as pcopen and maybe others don't connect global P automatically if you don't connect anything to it yet

and you don't really need to do separate pcopen for each pcfilter if you are using the same arguments, just connect both pcfilters to the same pcopen handle output
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
16 posts
ill give it a shot whirl. Thanks for the reply!
16 posts
Yeah, that seems to be the issue. I didn't realize it didn't connect automatically for you in the new pop dops. Thanks!
8554 posts
it's always better not to assume that it would connect by default as that is something that needs to be specifically done on the VOP node's part so it generates code that checks if the input is connected
which happens many times, but if you check code for pcopen VOP, it limit's that functionality only for Shop, Sop and Pop contexts, not Cvex yet
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links