License Confusion

2061   2   0
52 posts
Hi all,

First of all i'd like to say that I am crazy excited about Houdini Indie, as a hobbyist game dev it finally means i can fully integrate Houdini into my Unity workflow.

However, the licensing integration is pretty confusing in my humble opinion. As attached you can see i have a current Apprentice HD license until Jan16, however Unity tells me: HAPI Error: License type prevents loading this asset (the asset being an .otl from the 32bit 13.0.509)

I've tried a forum search and it only served to confuse me more - there seems to be a lot of confusion about the transition from Apprentice to Indie - have i missed a step? I read that Apprentice licenses would upgrade to Indie until expiration - do i need to action something for this to happen?

If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be a great help - please don't force me back into using 3dsMax…

Hope you can help - the joy of having digital assets in Unity is boggling my mind with possibilities!

Many thanks hive mind.

Banks.

Attachments:
licesnseInfo.jpg (103.8 KB)

7736 posts
Yeah, from what I understand the license upgrade is not automatic. You need to contact SideFX to get your HD license upgraded.
52 posts
Thanks Edward,

I contacted Support and had the issue resolved within 24 hours - I'm now fully upgraded to Houdini Indie!

Time to go Digital Asset crazy in Unity!

Big thanks to Support for their super swift work

Banks.
  • Quick Links