SHOP CVEX Lens shader : bump is all wrong

2058   2   1
3 posts
Hello,

I did a shop cvex lens shader, but the bump does not look like the bump without the lens shader. It looks like a dicing, sampling or derivatives problem, I don't know. It does the same thing with the ASAD lens shader. I didn't export the ray derivatives because I don't know what are the names of the variables to export (it's dDdx and dDdy in Arnold, but I don't know in Mantra). I only export vector P and vector I. Here's the comparison :

Any idea what I need to do to fix this ?

Thanks a lot
Marc-Antoine Desjardins
ObliqueFX
79 posts
a hip file would probably help…
Staff
2592 posts
Marc-Antoine Desjardins
Hello,

I did a shop cvex lens shader, but the bump does not look like the bump without the lens shader. It looks like a dicing, sampling or derivatives problem, I don't know. It does the same thing with the ASAD lens shader. I didn't export the ray derivatives because I don't know what are the names of the variables to export (it's dDdx and dDdy in Arnold, but I don't know in Mantra). I only export vector P and vector I. Here's the comparison :

Any idea what I need to do to fix this ?

Thanks a lot

There was a bug fixed in 13.0.553 w.r.t. lens shaders and LOD. You might try a newer build.

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=default&view=FULL&logfile=ALL&icon=ALL&version=ALL&buildstart=&buildend=&perpage=20&search=when+using+lens&find=Find [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links