Have you animated in Maya before?

1628   1   1
1 posts
Hi, I'm doing a research project for school and I'm doing research on ways to make keyframe? animation in Maya more efficient, although I probably won't actually be doing anything to try make it better, I just need to do research.

I put a question mark after keyframe because I'm not exactly sure what this kind of animation is called, where you manually pose and keyframe everything opposed to motion capture.

So basically, I would like to get peoples opinions on what program they prefer to animate with, or what tool you like in either program.

So far I've found a lot of little things in Houdini that would speed up the animation process that aren't in Maya.

The more replies the better so don't feel discouraged if someone else has already replied.
1265 posts
I hate the fact that you need to select keyframe handles before you can edit them in the Maya channel editor. When working on animation heavy scenes, this becomes very tedious.

Houdini allows editing of handles on the fly. The region editing tool is awesome as well.

Oh, and the “graph per channel” setting in Houdini is great as well.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
  • Quick Links