Add Heat and Temperature resolution to simple Volumes

9815   7   1
72 posts
Hi guys.
I wanna add heat and temperature to my custom Volume.
for example I made a simple Volume from my object with IsoOffset SOP.
I can add density Resolution simply by name parameter in the IsoOffset.
But how can I add heat and temperature ?

Specially I wanna add Heat and Temperature in the Volume VOP.
I know that in the Geometries I can use AddAttribute VOP for adding any custom attribute , But How can I add different resolution (Heat and Temp) to Volumes in the Volume VOP ?

Also how can I edit Heat and Temp from Pyro sim in the Volume VOP ?

Specially Thanks All 8)
72 posts
I just wanna add heat and temperature resolution (data) to simple volume that created with IsoOffset SOP ?

Attachments:
A.jpg (210.7 KB)

72 posts
I just wanna add heat and temperature resolution (data) to simple volume that created with IsoOffset SOP ?

Attachments:
A.jpg (210.7 KB)

7713 posts
Use multiple IsoOffset SOPs then, and then use a Merge SOP to combine them into the same geometry.
72 posts
Woooow :shock: , That's so simple , :roll: Thanks
I just have another question :
how can I edit Heat and Temperature with Volume VOP ?
about density I know that we have density parameter inside of Volume VOP and I can simply multiply density by any number , But about heat and temperature I don't have any variable (or maybe parameter !).
how can I multiply some float value by heat or temperature inside of Volume VOP ?

maybe I should rename them to density , multiply them by any number , then rename it to heat again , but this method is a little strange !

please check my simple example project about this :arrow:

Thanks again for your helps

Attachments:
Heat_Temp_Edit.hip (131.6 KB)

7713 posts
Sorry, no time to check .hip files. I believe there's some parameter that specifies which field to modify. Then I think by default it just binds that field to the name “density”. So when you modify “density” in the VOP/VEX code, you're actually modifying some other field.
Staff
2540 posts
Great question as to how to edit volumes by name.

There are two main methods to work on named volumes.
- Use Volume Bindings at the top of the Volume VOP SOP
- Use Bind VOPs inside the VOP network

The first is to use the Volume Bindings Tab on the Volume VOP SOP. T
For the most simple answer, use the Bind Each to Density method like this:
In the Volume Bindings Tab:
- turn off the Autobind By Name Option
- turn on the “Bind Each to Density” option
Now you can work on each volume as though it was called “density” inside the VOP network. For simple single volume processing as in your file, this will work fine and you can move on.

The second option uses Bind VOPs to explicitly import and write volumes by name. This allows you to work with more than one named volume in the input geometry. You really want to do this as you can add heat to temperature, or multiply temperature in to heat, etc.

To make this option work, set the Volume Bindings Tab to defaults and:
- to import a volume of a specific name, add a Bind VOP and name it identical to your volume. In the case of heat, add a Bind VOP and change the name to heat, then add a second Bind VOP for temp and change name to temp.
- Choose the correct type. In the case of heat and temperature, it is a scalar single value volume. If you had vel.x vel.y vel.z, these are considered a vector volume and you would change the Bind VOP to a vector type and use the name “vel” as you omit the .x .y and .z.

Now you can take the output of each of these and do work.

As for writing out back to each of the volumes, you would add for each a Bind Export VOP (which is just a Bind VOP with different presets). Again change the name to each of the volumes you want to write out. One for heat and one for temp. As for vel or any other vector type, use vector.

See your modified file attached.

Attachments:
heat_temp_edit_107_jw_v001.hip (396.4 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
471 posts
thanks jeff that's Amazing…
  • Quick Links