RBD Glue Object is overly attached to itself?

3434   2   1
2 posts
Hi! So I just started to learn Houdini and I've been following this tutorial [youtube.com], I can get almost everything to work except for the fact that my glue bonds won't break. Here's an example of how my test sim looks [youtube.com], some pieces break apart but right after they get separated, they get reattached by the glue.

I've tried to set it up as a RBD GLue Object and as a RBD Fractured Object + Glue Adjacents and the result is always the same. I know there must be some setting I'm missing, but since I'm new to Houdini I cant really figure it out. ops:
Staff
727 posts
You probably need to update to a more recent build of H14:

Friday, January 16, 2015
Houdini 14.0.216: Fixed a bug in the default expression for the Overwrite with SOP parameter on Constraint Network DOP, which caused the constraint network geometry to be re-imported after the first frame even if it wasn't time dependent.
2 posts
cwhite
You probably need to update to a more recent build of H14:

Friday, January 16, 2015
Houdini 14.0.216: Fixed a bug in the default expression for the Overwrite with SOP parameter on Constraint Network DOP, which caused the constraint network geometry to be re-imported after the first frame even if it wasn't time dependent.

That was it! Thanks a lot! I had searched the forum before, but turns out i was looking in the wrong section.
  • Quick Links