After Copy-Sop, Rotations are not registred

1949   4   0
101 posts
Hi guys,

i am using a copy sop (packed prim), after the copy sop, i can use the Translate tool to move my object and the values are written on that point's Position attribute (P).

However, i would like to have the orientation as well, or the scaling as attributes.

Is this possible out of the box?
32 posts
In my, albeit fairly shallow study, I got the impression that points only have position attributes by default. To get an orientation onto them you'd have to hit them with a point SOP and add a normal. Scale similarly could be added. You could then tie those attributes to another node via expressions to manipulate them. Is that what you're intending?
Edited by - Feb. 24, 2015 13:24:08
-nimajneb
101 posts
Hi Nimajneb,

hi nimajneb, in theorie, thats right, points or vectors are representing only position in space, with additional attributes you can get directed points/vectors etc. My problem arise, as i am displaying the geometries via instance sop.

I can not rotate/scale/Translate a certain instance in the instance node with the Houdini rotate/scale/Translate UI-Elements, which is a great lack, if i want to interactive give my procedural setup an artistic control.
7722 posts
I don't understand the problem. Works for me.

Attachments:
rotateAfterCopy.hip (61.1 KB)

101 posts
totally bummer, i will post my file with the problem we've found. The UP was an array instead of a vector<xyz> which didn't updated rotations.
  • Quick Links