Plotting or Baking animation from motion FX result.

15405   25   0
136 posts
edward
mkolar
I've seen the topic about Pose library. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on any machine with H14 I've encountered so far.

Sorry, I was mistaken. There's a new “character picker” in H14, not the pose library.

Hi Edward,
Looks like Pose Library was temporarily removed from H14. Can you folks at SESI reinstate the pose library? And for the arts gods sake, can you include it on the shell out of the box? I honestly can't see any serious animation without a pose library. Now we have animation layers, but we need pose libraries for motion transfer between characters. I know it's under development, but at least can we have a striped down version back in one of the daily builds?
Thank you so much,
C
7734 posts
I guessing not now that I think about it because H14 uses a Qt webkit component for the web browser now. The old pose library may have had dependencies on the old mozilla-based web browser.
1755 posts
mkolar
Applying them to another character is still quite easy with the use of rename chop for instance. But actually baking it is a mess. Using the ‘fit panel’ unfortunately doesn't preserve the animation exactly as it was saved, because it resamples it and then recreates the keys I suppose.

Really? Is this what Houdini does when applying an anim clip - resampling? I haven't had the time to play with these thus far, but that sucks if that's the case, or at least at first glance it does. Any reason for having H doing this, I mean what are the advantages over keeping the keys/curves exactly as they were?

I have to agree that being able to apply (bake) anim to a character is sometimes useful.
I already said that I don't know how they work in H therefore I might be wrong (hopefully I am) but if they're anything like XSI's you'll not be able to easily work in a scene where you have more than one character, one that has “normal” (baked) animation and the other is reading an anim clip.
136 posts
edward
I guessing not now that I think about it because H14 uses a Qt webkit component for the web browser now. The old pose library may have had dependencies on the old mozilla-based web browser.

Ahaaa, so here it lies the errors i get when using an old script to add the poselib to the shell. At least please do a similar tool if you can't bring the old one back. You guys need to put something in place. I have characters with dozens of different animations and as of now no means to just change the clip and that's it. One method(simpler) with be to create an export/import function for motion clips. This way one can quickly create a library of motions for a character. The odd thing is that i have a Pose tool(so i can create static poses) but no means of saving them for later use or use with other character. I guess you can create a separate tool(python or hscript) and use it as an independent tools. Most of us don't have the means of creating custom tools, so this is something beyond our reach. I for one can't afford to hire a programmer to create me a custom pose tool. I might just go back to autodesk and using maya, it will be much cheaper since now you can get it for free with XSI. And i think most of users here are in the same boat
Thank you,
Constantin
7734 posts
Constantin X
At least please do a similar tool if you can't bring the old one back. You guys need to put something in place.

Yep, it's on the road map.
136 posts
edward
Constantin X
At least please do a similar tool if you can't bring the old one back. You guys need to put something in place.

Yep, it's on the road map.

Thank you very much.
  • Quick Links