Documentation for Houdini workflow ?

1551   2   1
52 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start working with a company and do something I haven't done before, build a Houdini pipeline so as most of us, when you start in a company, many things are already built and you never really wonder how it works but now I'd like to know.

One question which will bring me many answers is : if we make custom Python tools, where can we put them to centralize it on the network and make Houdini finding them automatically ? Of course I can imagine we can place them on the network in some houdini/scripts directory but how does Houdini find them and knows what to do with them ?

Sorry for the beginner question, I made a lot of Python tools before but never wondered about the basics.

If there is any part of the help or some other documentations talking about this subject, I'm happy to hear about it too.

Cheers
Chris
7735 posts
This might be useful:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=966&Itemid=265 [sidefx.com]
52 posts
Hi Edward and thanks ! At first glance looks the informations I was looking for Sorry for not searching enough :p

Cheers !
Chris
  • Quick Links