HoudiniEngine Computing with Bifrost

3435   1   1
6 posts
I am currently working on a fracture simulation in houdini. I need to have some liquid interact with the fracture sim, and I figured for fun I would try to use Bifrost within Maya. I wrote out my fracture sim as a digital asset and promoted the parameters I needed so I real time can adjust those accordingly to the rest of the scene. This is working perfectly until I start simulating my liquid with the Bifrost Engine. I have added my fracture sim as a collider, and told bifrost that this is an animated collider.

My problem is as soon as my bifrost particles collides with my houdini fracture sim it crashed the bifrost engine.

Alternatively I have tried caching out the fracture sim so it is not Live from houdini while I simulate with bifrost, but I cannot get Bifrost to interact with the animated collison objects.

Any help on this subject would be aprreciated.

Cheers
Train your mind to learn, and you will find answers.
818 posts
Hm, I did a quick test, and it seems to work for me. Which OS are you on? Which Maya and Houdini versions are you using? I wonder if the crash is caused by some library conflicts between Houdini and Maya. Also, if Maya generated a crash report, could you also send it to me? That could be helpful in determining the cause of the crash.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links