Import position in sopscalarfield

1793   2   0
13 posts
Hi folks!

I am working on a fluid morph simulation and need to animate the sopscalarfield VOP
in order to sim the fluids inside a moving volume.

The setup I am currently using is really simple, it creates a volume and imports it into the flip sim using the sopscalarfield vop, then applying a negative force inside a fieldforce vop.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to get the sopscalarfield to use the transformation data I have created in SOP. I have tried several different methods to import the transformation values into the Position attribute. I feel like I am really close to a solution.

I have attached a simplified hip file.

Any help is really appreciated!

Sincerely,

Audun

EDIT:
Funny enough I was only a few changes from solving the problem. I added a position VOP into the secound input of the fieldforce VOP. Now I can reference that to the animated geo.

Attachments:
simpleSetup_fieldForce.hip (524.9 KB)

Audun Åse - VFX Artist
www.affex.no
8582 posts
Affex
Hi folks!

EDIT:
Funny enough I was only a few changes from solving the problem. I added a position VOP into the secound input of the fieldforce VOP. Now I can reference that to the animated geo.

you could as well just change SOP Scalar Field/Default Operation to Set Always, so it would read the sop geo every timestep, which would work for transforming as well as deforming geo
however your solution may be more optimized if you have just transforming geometry
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
13 posts
Yeah good point!

I am having really strange results still, but I think that is an issue somewhere else.
Thanks for the reply I like the idea of actual deforming geo aswell.
Audun Åse - VFX Artist
www.affex.no
  • Quick Links