Editing Preset Files

2354   3   1
183 posts
I'm creating an asset and would like to have a couple presets that users can choose from to quickly get a specific look. Unfortunately I noticed that creating a preset sets the value for every parameter on the node meaning parameters that didn't need to be changed (like transforms) get set. I tried going into the preset file and erasing the parameters that I didn't want set, but that seemed to break the whole file. Does anyone know the proper way to exclude parameters from a preset?
4515 posts
You can add your own preset dropdown menu parameter that modifies the values you want.

I added my own preset parameters here:
http://vimeo.com/137783504 [vimeo.com]
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
183 posts
Hmm. I was considering making it a dropdown, however rather than having it as a fixed parameter, I was wanting it to be something like the gear menu presets. That way users could add their own presets later. Not sure if that is the best way to do it now though. Could users easily save a custom preset to a dropdown?
4515 posts
I never did that but SESI is using the dropdown approach themselves too so if there is a better way to load partial parameter settings, I would love to know too
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
  • Quick Links